The St. Peter’s Pharmacy Department provides innovative care that strives to the gold standard in the state of Montana by offering a wide array of pharmacy services to the Helena and surrounding communities.
Whether you need a prescription filled after a clinic visit or need personalized medication education to help manage an illness, our pharmacists are continually seeking ways to advance clinical pharmacy services and medication safety best practices to provide the best possible care every patient.
St. Peter’s Approach to Pharmacy services
The Pharmacy Department aims to provide safe, evidence based, cost effective care. We work in collaboration with patients and the care team to optimize the therapeutic benefit of medication regimens in the safest way and at the lowest costs possible.
Our pharmacists can work with you to:
- answer medication related questions
- fill outpatient prescriptions at our Broadway Pharmacy
- provide medication therapy management services through our ambulatory clinical pharmacy services
- providing medications and clinical pharmacy services at the Regional Medical Center
- providing medication assistance program through work with primary and specialty care providers
Quality Pharmacy Services at St. Peter’s
- Transitions of Care:
- Through our ambulatory clinical pharmacy services, our pharmacists are integrated as part of outpatient care team at both the Broadway and North clinics. Pharmacists in this setting work with nursing, diabetic educators and providers to monitor, adjust and recommend appropriate medications for various chronic disease states.
- Through our acute care clinical pharmacy services, pharmacists are integrated into care teams on the inpatient units to provide medication expertise to optimize medication therapy and ensure prescribed medications are safe. Pharmacists in this setting provide education to patients and families on why and how to take medications and to answer medication and health-related questions.
- Emergency department pharmacy services:
- Our pharmacists located in the emergency department are available 7 days a week and provide services such as outpatient culture review, prospective medication order review, medication reconciliation, participation on the code and trauma teams, and pediatric medication dosing services.
- Antibiotic safety:
- Through our nationally recognized antimicrobial stewardship program, pharmacists work in collaboration with nursing, the laboratory and providers to ensure optimal use of antibiotics in every health care setting. Pharmacists provide daily review and recommendations regarding antibiotic therapy for both patients admitted to the hospital and those seen in the community. Our program is viewed as a regional leader in practice and has been recognized through publication in the medical literature. We also participate in the Montana Department of Health and Human Services Antimicrobial Stewardship Collaborative.
- Education and training:
- We are a training site for pharmacy students in partnership with the University of Montana. Our Post Graduate Year 1 Pharmacy Practice Residency is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacy.
- Outpatient prescription services
- Patient medication counseling
- Drug information
- Adult immunizations
Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacy
- Medication therapy management appointments for disease states including:
- Smoking cessation
- Cholesterol management
- Pharmacokinetic drug monitoring
- Drug information services
- Preparing, dispensing, and monitoring medication therapy
- Medication management therapy for various disease states
- Antimicrobial stewardship program
- Code and trauma responders
- Neonatal/pediatric medication reviews
Location of Pharmacy Services
Helena, MT 59601
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
2550 Broadway Ave.
Helena, MT 59601
Hours: Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacists
Broadway Clinic: 406-495-6967
North Montana Clinic: 406-495-7972