The goal of the St. Peter's Health Wellness Services is to help identify health risks and promote overall wellness among employee groups and individuals in the Helena area and its surrounding communities.
Wellness offers services and program management designed to empower individuals who want to take an active role in their own health care to make positive, healthy, and long–lasting lifestyle changes.
Importance of Screenings
Wellness screenings are an important part of the St. Peter's Health Wellness program. Screenings helps businesses save money on healthcare and assists individuals to better understand their health risks based on several blood tests included in the screenings.
Patients are screened primarily for risk factors associated with:
- heart health
- high blood pressure
- Vitamin D
- an array of conditions associated with abnormal lab values
A wellness screening is an investment in your organization's most important asset—your employees. It's a win–win for both you and your staff. Many organizations that have implemented wellness programs report reduced health care costs, increased productivity due to reductions in sick time and improved employee morale and company loyalty.
Employees who participate in wellness screenings say they are more aware of their health risks and the importance of seeking appropriate health consultation with their provider. In some cases, health screenings have saved lives and certainly health care dollars by early detection of serious illnesses.
Please note: St. Peter's Health Wellness does not perform blood testing on anyone under the age of 18.
Wellness Screenings for Businesses
Healthy employees are happy employees. According to the Center for Prevention and Health Services, an estimated 25–30% of companies’ medical costs per year are being spent on employees with excessive health risks.
Companies that have programs to help employees stop smoking and promote health screens have 28% decrease in sick leave, a 26% reduction in health care costs, and a 30% reduction in workers compensation and disability costs.
The short term investment in employee health can help your company save thousands in healthcare costs.
2019 Employee Wellness Screenings and Incentive
St. Peter’s Wellness is teaming up with HealthyWage® to offer cash prizes for St. Peter’s Health employees! If you received a wellness screen between Jan and March 22 you’re eligible for 1 of 200 free registrations to this year’s Step Challenge.
*Screenings NOT required to participate in HealthyWage Step Challenge
HealthyWage 60-day Step Challenge -- April 8 to June 6, 2019
Registration for the step challenge open from March 25 to April 22 SPH employees plus ANY and ALL friends and family! The more who play the more $$ to win!
- Any employee or volunteer who completes a free blood screening (a lipid panel, BMI and blood pressure measurements) between January 8 and March 22 will be eligible for FREE registration for the 60-day step challenge -- regardless of your screening results. The first 200 eligible to register for the Step Challenge on March 25 will be FREE! (Sign up for your free screening by clicking on the link here).
- The challenge is open to ALL and ANY SPH employees plus friends and family. Anyone who is not eligible for free registration can still register on March 25 and pay either $70 or $23.33/mo for 3 months. A screening is NOT required to participate in the challenge.
- A wearable device or a SmartPhone app is required to participate -- no manual entry is allowed. FitBit, Garmin and Apple Health are all supported. Any questions regarding tracking? Please contact HealthyWage.
- It is strongly encouraged to begin logging your steps at least 45 days before the challenge begins (February 22) as that will provide a "baseline" as to calculate if you increased it by 25% over 60 days. Otherwise your baseline will automatically start at 10,000 steps.
- Registration fees fund the total pot! The more who register the bigger the pot to split -- winners usually double the registration fee. Increase your averaged steps by 25% over 60 days and you win
- Teams required (2 to 6 people) but are only used for fun and support. Goal is INDIVIDUAL
HealthyWage’s interactive dashboard and free mobile app includes expert guidance, support, motivation, and the tools needed to stay engaged and incentivized!
Any questions? Contact HealthyWage at 1-888-636-3832 or email at email@example.com.
Join the fun, and good luck!
Location of Wellness Services
Helena, MT 59601