The Medical Records/Transcription department is a support department that provides hospital–wide services to patients, physicians and hospital employees. The department is responsible for timely processing, retrieval, coding, transcribing, and storage of medical records of patients receiving services at the hospital.
Medical Records has also temporarily closed to walk-in traffic to help stop the spread of illness in our community. If you have an urgent medical record need, please call 406-444-2178 so arrangements can be made for quick processing of your request.
How to access your medical records
Patients needing copies of medical records should:
- Contact the Medical Records department by calling 406-444-2178 to request a mailed Authorization for Disclosure form.
- Download and complete the Authorization for Disclosure of Healthcare Information.
- A Release of Information form must be signed before records can be released. Once signed:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax the disclosure to St. Peter's Health Medical Records Department at 406-447-2627
- Mail it to 2475 Broadway, C/O SPH Medical Records Department
More about medical records
Patient medical records at St. Peter’s Health Medical Group are available in an Electronic Medical Record system. These records can be quickly and accurately accessed by all St. Peter’s physicians and other staff. St. Peter’s clinic patients who require emergency care or are admitted to the hospital will have all of their records available.
Non-electronic forms such as physician orders, conditions of admission, and consent forms are scanned into the system and archived for future access. St. Peter’s integrated electronic medical record system supports patient safety and quality care with timely access to patient information.