Robotic surgery is an advanced form of minimally-invasive surgery allowing surgeons to use a computer-controlled robot to assist them with certain surgical procedures. Select general, urologic and gynecologic surgical procedures are completed using the state-of-the-art da Vinci Xi® robot at St. Peter’s Health.
Robotic surgery can result in:
- Shorter hospital stays
- Reduced pain and discomfort
- Faster recovery time
- Smaller incisions with less risk for infection
- Minimal scaring
- Reduced blood loss
Procedures performed include:
- Urologic: Prostatectomies, nephrectomies (partial and full)
- Gynecologic: Hysterectomy, ophrectomy, cystectomy
- General: Cholecystectomy (gall bladder), hernia repairs, bowel resections
Video by Helena Civic Television. da Vinci footage provided by @2019 Intuative Surgical, Inc.