St. Peter's Health physical therapy helps you regain strength, balance and range of motion that have been limited by pain, illness, trauma or injury.
Our experienced physical therapists provide inpatient and outpatient physical therapy to address a wide range of conditions in adults and children.
Who Can Benefit from Physical Therapy?
Adults or children who need:
- Management of musculoskeletal pain from head to toe, including headaches, temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ pain), neck pain, back pain, knee pain, hip and ankle pain
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Reconditioning and strengthening after an injury or surgery
- Training with assistive devices
- Neurologic rehabilitation for stroke, spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and other neurologic conditions
- Vestibular rehabilitation (therapy related to vertigo, dizziness and balance issues)
- Aquatic therapy
- Post-mastectomy therapy to regain movement and prevent scar tissue
- Pediatric developmental training
- Pregnancy support
- Pressure garment fitting
- Guidance in an exercise or gym program
- Wound care (for open wounds)
St. Peter’s Approach to Physical Therapy
We provide a variety of specialized physical therapy options at St. Peter’s Health. Our therapists provide oncology rehabilitation, neurorehabilitation, orthopedic and sports rehab, vestibular rehabilitation and pediatric physical therapy, along with additional condition-specific therapeutic options, such as Pelvic Floor Therapy.
For any of our therapies, our goal is to help you reach your goals. We do this by identifying and addressing strengths and deficits in a one-on-one setting.
Quality Physical Therapy at St. Peter’s
- Oncology rehabilitation: Our physical therapists have special expertise in cancer rehabilitation during and following cancer treatment. Our oncology rehab therapists help you address side effects of treatment, including fatigue and lymphedema. We also provide soft tissue work after cancer surgery, such as a mastectomy.
- PT, OT and speech therapy on one team: Because our rehabilitation team offers physical therapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT) and speech therapy, we can provide integrated care for patients who need all three therapies, including neurological rehab and pediatric patients.
- Concussion symptom assessment and treatment: Following a brain injury, our physical therapists can assess your symptoms to determine whether you have a concussion. We treat your brain injury by guiding you through a safe, individualized recovery program. Because no two concussions are the same, our physical therapists will examine your neurological, orthopedic and cardiovascular systems to address your particular symptoms and your daily needs.
- Aquatic therapy available on-site: We offer the only physical therapy clinic in Helena with access to an on-site pool. Aquatic therapy is an effective option for a wide range of conditions including arthritis, joint pain, muscle stiffness, post-surgical conditions, balance issues and neurological conditions. The water’s buoyancy and resistance offers many benefits, including:
- Support for weak limbs
- Enhanced flexibility, range of motion and circulation
- Increased ease of movement
- Decreased risk of falling
- Ability to improve muscle strength, tone, muscular balance, cardiovascular fitness and overall function in a controlled, supported manner
- Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab at Capital City Health Club: Our clinic at Capital City Health Club focuses on orthopedic rehabilitation and offers aquatic therapy in the Capital City Health Club pool. Our therapists work with athletes and weekend warriors to prevent or recover from injury, and they help develop independent exercise programs using gym equipment in the facility. Our therapists use manual therapy techniques, including:
- Joint mobility
- ASTYM (soft tissue therapy)
- McKenzie spinal method
- Dry needling
- Specialty expertise and certification: Our physical therapists have specialized certifications in their areas of expertise. This certification ensures that your therapist will be up-to-date on the latest therapy options for your condition. Our therapists have certifications in the following areas:
Physical Therapy Programs and Services
- Acute Care Physical Therapy
- Anodyne Therapy (Infrared Light Therapy)
- Aquatic Therapy
- ASTYM Treatment (Soft Tissue Therapy)
- Concussion Management
- Dry Needling
- Joint Mobilization and Manipulation
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT) BIG
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Manual Therapy
- McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT)
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Wheelchair Assessment
- Women’s/Pelvic Health Therapy
- Wound Care
Location(s) of Physical Therapy Services
Helena, MT 59601
1280 North Montana Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
3439 Ptarmigan Lane
Helena, MT 59602