Pumpkin Cranberry Whole Grain Muffins
(Makes 14 muffins with 17 grams of whole grain each)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup white whole wheat flour (may be labeled as whole wheat pastry flour)
1 cup oat flour
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
½ cup brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup nonfat milk
1 cup fresh cranberries
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1½ tsp. butter
1½ tsp. white whole wheat flour
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients baking powder through oat flour in a large bowl.
- Combine moist ingredients pumpkin through milk with sugar.
- Make a well in dry ingredients; add moist ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in cranberries.
- Make topping: Cut butter into sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle one teaspoon on each muffin.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
|Sat Fat: .8 grams||Cholesterol: 16.5 mg|
|Protein: 4.5 grams||Fiber: 3.6 grams|
|Carbohydrate: 26.8 grams||Sodium: 197 mg|