New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation (NEO) is provided to ensure that all new Hospital employees have the information, resources, and support necessary for an easy and successful transition into their new job.
NEO is a day and a half program which takes place every other week. The program includes
- a one-day classroom session
- an Employee/Director breakfast
- one day with the Information Systems staff, including an online session
- and a tour of the hospital facilities
An Orientation Specialist is also provided as a liaison for the Human Resources Department to ensure open and effective communication between the hospital staff and new employees.
The following topics will be discussed:
- The Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan of St. Peter’s Hospital
- St. Peter’s Hospital Personal Service Expectations
- Hospital Policies and Programs
- Employee Health and Safety
- Patient Safety
- Risk Management
- Infection Control
- Emergency Procedures
- Employee Benefits
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) – An introduction to Confidentiality and Privacy
- Information System Training
- Tour of the Hospital Facilities
Sessions begin at 8:00 am on Monday and Tuesday unless otherwise noted.