St. Peter’s Hospital is committed to retaining volunteers who demonstrate competency in their positions and who provide excellent customer service.
- Each volunteer receives a thorough orientation to the Hospital and their specific position.
- Volunteer development and continuing education is encouraged and provided through internal sources and external workshops.
- The Hospital seeks volunteer input on an ongoing basis through departmental communication, monthly volunteer meetings and newsletter.
- Recognition programs including: Christmas Party, Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, pins commemorating years of service, greeting cards at Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries.
- A designated bulletin board, the monthly newsletter, monthly meetings and thank-you cards will are utilized to highlight special events and recognize volunteer accomplishments.
- Each volunteer receives a coupon for a free lunch in St. Peter’s Cafeteria for each four-hour shift worked.
- Each volunteer may enjoy free coffee and tea in the Cafeteria.
- Volunteers may utilize St. Peter’s computer lab (pending availability).
- Volunteer Coordinator maintains open, two-way communication with volunteers in order to obtain input and share information about Hospital operations.
- Social interaction and the opportunity to make new friends.
- Volunteers will gain a sense of personal pride and satisfaction by helping people in the community and making a difference.
For more information: Peggy Stebbins, 444-2135 email@example.com